Public Relations Coordinator
Part-Time, Contract, Remote
We are an online coding school that teaches computer programming skills to students from grades 3 to 12. Our mission is to prepare kids for success in the digital world by teaching them crucial 21st century skills. Students attend teacher-led, online classes from the convenience of their home. With 1000’s of satisfied students, we are the #1 most effective way for children to learn coding.
We are looking for a public relations coordinator to join our team. This is a part-time, contract-to-hire role and you will be working remotely.
- Develop and manage a PR campaign roadmap
- Build ongoing relationships with writers, bloggers, influencers
- Collaborate with internal teams to uncover story ideas
- Follow industry and social trends to identify pr opportunities
- Continuously pitch story ideas or inclusion opportunities to contacts
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Monitor HARO regularly and respond to enquiries
- Belief in the company’s mission. Passionate about getting kids to learn coding.
- Prior experience as a Public Relations analyst or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Familiarity with the education, coding, kids arena is a plus
- Cheerful attitude, enthusiasm and positive advocate for the program
How many hours per week is this role?
This is a part-time contract to hire position. You will be working 20 hours per week. If there is a mutual fit and interest, we can explore a part-time or full-time employment.
How much is my compensation?
You will be paid $15/Hour (or $1200/month). The role comes with potential for raises for the right individual.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply here.