Online Coding Instructor
We are looking for part-time coding instructors to teach computer coding classes to school students (8-18 years old). Classes are taught online, so you will be working remotely from your home and utilizing a virtual classroom environment. Each class typically meets once per week and are 1-hour long. There are 5-6 students per class.
We provide a structured curriculum, teaching platform, and instruction materials. The primary role of a CodeWizardsHQ Instructor is to deliver the curriculum in an engaging way and ultimately be responsible for student retention and parent satisfaction.
– Deliver the curriculum in a fun and engaging way
– Provide feedback for curriculum improvement
– Engage with parents / students as needed
– Positively advocate for the school and the program
– Experience with the coding languages we teach
– Experience teaching kids or adults
– Computer purchased in the last five years, with microphone headset and high-speed internet access
– A quiet workspace free of distractions
– A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
How much is my compensation?
You will be paid $20 per session with potential for raises and bonuses based on student retention and parent satisfaction.
What languages are you looking for instructors to teach?
When will I be teaching?
Available class times range from 7am – 9:30pm CT. However, the highest availability of classes is between 5:30pm – 9:30pm CT Monday – Friday and 10am – 6pm CT on Saturdays and Sundays.
How many classes will I be teaching?
Initially, new instructors start with 2-3 classes per week. Based on how well students enjoy your classes, you would be given additional classes. Once ramped, our instructors take between 10 to 20 sessions per week.
How long will I need to teach?
Each of our courses is 12 weeks in duration. When you accept a new class you are agreeing to teach for the full duration of that course. Most instructor are given the option, and continue to, teach their classes through the follow-on courses.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply here.