Chicago, IL Kids Coding Classes
Take the most fun and effective, live coding classes for kids in Chicago. Kids and teens can learn to code games, apps, and websites all from home. Select a program by age:
Get everything an in-person class has to offer and more with beyond-the-classroom benefits.
A Structured, Comprehensive Coding Curriculum
Our coding classes for kids in Chicago are designed with hands-on learning projects that kids truly enjoy! Start in the first class of the program and advance as your skills grow. Our curriculum is structured and progressive, that’s why it works.
Try our program risk-free, 100% money-back guarantee.
Animation and Games with Scratch
Logic with Scratch
Intro to Text-based Programming
Programming Fundamentals with Python
Logic with Python
Modular Programming with Python
Creating Websites with HTML/CSS
Responsive Websites with HTML/CSS
Intro to Programming with Python
Beyond Basics with Python
Webpages with HTML & CSS
Responsive Web Development
Intro to Databases
Intro to Python
Fundamentals of Web Development
User Interface Development
APIs and Databases
Professional Web App Development
Modern CSS Framework
Mastering MVC Framework
DevOps and Software Engineering
CWHQ has a 93% student success rate, compared to 5% for paid, self-paced online video courses and tutorials. That’s an 18x better graduation rate.
Chicago Coding Class Features
- 12 1-Hour Sessions
- Live, Teacher-Led Online Classes
- Beginner Friendly, No Experience Needed
- Real-World Programming Languages (no drag and drop)
- Students Attend Classes from Home. No Driving for Parents.
- Hands-On, Interactive Classes
- Custom-Built Coding Platform
- Regular Parent Updates on Student Progress
- Certification for Successful Class Completion
Summer Coding Camps for Chicago Kids
Learn a new skill this summer! 1-week summer camps teach kids coding concepts using Minecraft or Roblox and 3-week summer classes are an accelerated version of the core track.
Available in all IL cities including:
Serving students from these Chicago school districts and more!
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School District
- Glenbrook High School District
- Evanston Township High School District
- Township High School District
- Hinsdale Township High School District
- Niles Township Community High School District
- New Trier Township High School District
- Community High School District
- Naperville Community Unit School District
- Barrington Community Unit School District
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District
- Consolidated High School District
- Community Unit School District
- Grayslake Community High School District
- Lincoln-Way Community High School District
- Maine Township High School District
- Glenbard Township High School District
Computer Science in Chicago, IL
Do Chicago schools require computer science?
Illinois is a state that requires all high schools to offer computer science.
What is the median salary for computer programmers in Chicago?
The median salary for Computer Programmers in Chicago is $71,276.
What are the best tech companies in Chicago?
Companies like ActiveCampaign, Motorola Solutions, and Chime have offices in Chicago.
Do universities or colleges in Chicago have good STEM programs?
Chicago schools, like the University of Chicago and Northwestern University, have top STEM programs.
Is there a demand for computer science professionals in Chicago?
In Illinois, there are approximately 14,160 open computing jobs.
What percentage of the Chicago workforce is in tech?
8% of the Chicago workforce is in the tech industry.
The CodeWizardsHQ Advantage
Our reviews speak for themselves.
We’re here to help. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for helpful answers.