Detroit, MI Kids Coding Classes
Take the most fun and effective, live coding classes for kids in Detroit. Kids and teens can learn to code games, apps, and websites all from home. Select a program by age:
Get everything an in-person class has to offer and more with beyond-the-classroom benefits.
A Structured, Comprehensive Coding Curriculum
Our coding classes for kids in Detroit are designed with hands-on learning projects that kids truly enjoy! Start in the first class of the program and advance as your skills grow. Our curriculum is structured and progressive, that’s why it works.
Try our program risk-free, 100% money-back guarantee.
Animation and Games with Scratch
Logic with Scratch
Intro to Text-based Programming
Programming Fundamentals with Python
Logic with Python
Modular Programming with Python
Creating Websites with HTML/CSS
Responsive Websites with HTML/CSS
Intro to Programming with Python
Beyond Basics with Python
Webpages with HTML & CSS
Responsive Web Development
Intro to Databases
Intro to Python
Fundamentals of Web Development
User Interface Development
APIs and Databases
Professional Web App Development
Modern CSS Framework
Mastering MVC Framework
DevOps and Software Engineering
CWHQ has a 93% student success rate, compared to 5% for paid, self-paced online video courses and tutorials. That’s an 18x better graduation rate.
Detroit Coding Class Features
- 12 1-Hour Sessions
- Live, Teacher-Led Online Classes
- Beginner Friendly, No Experience Needed
- Real-World Programming Languages (no drag and drop)
- Students Attend Classes from Home. No Driving for Parents.
- Hands-On, Interactive Classes
- Custom-Built Coding Platform
- Regular Parent Updates on Student Progress
- Certification for Successful Class Completion
Summer Coding Camps for Detroit Kids
Learn a new skill this summer! 1-week summer camps teach kids coding concepts using Minecraft or Roblox and 3-week summer classes are an accelerated version of the core track.
Available in all MI cities including:
Serving students from these Detroit school districts and more!
- Novi Community School District
- Troy School District
- Northville Public Schools
- Bloomfield Hills Schools
- Oakland Schools
- Birmingham Public Schools
- Ann Arbor Public Schools
- Rochester Community School District
- Grosse Pointe Public School System
- West Bloomfield School District
- Washtenaw Independent School District
- Saline Area Schools
- Berkley School District
- Brighton Area Schools
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools
- Woodhaven-Brownstown School District
- Lake Orion Community Schools
- Grosse Ile Township Schools
- Walled Lake Consolidated School District
- Chippewa Valley Schools
Computer Science in Detroit, MI
Do Detroit schools require computer science?
Michigan is a state that does not require all high schools to offer computer science.
What is the median salary for computer programmers in Detroit?
The median salary for Computer Programmers in Detroit is $68,317.
What are the best tech companies in Detroit?
Companies like Qualcomm, Amazon, and Apple have offices in Detroit.
Do universities or colleges in Detroit have good STEM programs?
Detroit schools, like University of Detroit Mercy and Henry Ford College, have top STEM programs.
Is there a demand for computer science professionals in Detroit?
In Michigan, there are approximately 9,614 open computing jobs.
What percentage of the Detroit workforce is in tech?
5% of the Detroit workforce is in the tech industry.
The CodeWizardsHQ Advantage
Our reviews speak for themselves.
We’re here to help. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for helpful answers.